As you may know from earlier posts, a developer represented by the consultant Miroca Design has submitted an application to the Committee of Adjustment to build two triplexes at 694 Roosevelt; these are outside Councillor Leiper’s moratorium on triplexes. The project goes to Committee of Adjustment Wednesday, March 20. There is a meeting prior to the CoA on Monday. Neighbours in the immediate area need your support on stopping or mitigating this project:
How you can help:
Participate in the information meeting:
Monday, March 18, 6:30 p.m.
Dovercourt Community Centre
Attend the Committee of Adjustment meeting:
Wednesday, March 20, 1:00 p.m.
101 Centrepointe Drive
Read the attached flyer prepared by your neighbours that provides details about the project and who to email/contact to convey your concerns:
UPDATED INFO: 6-UNIT PROPOSAL AT 694 ROOSEVELT
*** The Committee of Adjustments meeting is now March 20***
ARE YOU OPPOSED TO UNREASONABLE INTENSIFICATION?
A developer is proposing to build two triplexes (6 units) at 694 Roosevelt Avenue. We are against this over-intensification for several reasons, including that it would set a precedent for future development. These could be built everywhere. We are looking for you to join us.
HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:
- Learn more. See the developer’s application and other info on our shared drive:
- Submit your comments in writing to the Committee of Adjustments by email or by post:
- Email: email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org (copy our Councillor Jeff Leiper’s office on all correspondence) OR
- Mail: Committee of Adjustments, 101 Centrepointe Dr, Nepean, ON K2G 5K7
- Make your comments as personal as possible, with all the ways this development would impact you and your property. If you are comfortable with the minor variances arguments, use those! Some other ideas include: how it would affect privacy, street parking, noise, lighting, drainage, loss of green space, traffic, safety of children, precedent for future developers
- ATTEND THE COMMITTEE OF ADJUSTMENTS MEETING ON MARCH 20
- The meeting was adjourned to March 20 at 1:00 p.m. at 101 Centerpointe Drive
- It is extremely important to have a good turn-out at this meeting. Otherwise, they will argue there isn’t much opposition.
- We are offering rides. Please contact us at the email below.
|Consider appointing a representative if you cannot attend the meeting, or if you cannot submit anything in writing to the Committee of Adjustments. This can be done by emailing the Committee of Adjustment: Emily.Monette@ottawa.ca. We will also compile a list of neighbours who are opposed but cannot attend. Let us know if you want to be on this list.|
For more information and to get involved, please contact:
Your Roosevelt/Cole neighbours: email@example.com
Westboro Community Association: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Everyone is welcome! Individuals who are paralegals or lawyers would give our arguments extra weight. We are also looking for people who excel at giving presentations.