The boundaries of the WCA are east of Denbury, west of Tweedsmuir, and between Carling and Scott/the LRT- Transitway. We also cover the square between Tweedsmuir, Richmond, Island Park and Scott.
The community of Westboro in Ottawa is a thriving and exciting place to live. It’s a mixture of residential and commercial interests, schools, churches, parking lots and parkland. Ask anyone who’s lived here for a few years and they’ll tell you, Westboro is changing. Some of that change is great, some isn’t so wonderful, but we can surely agree on one thing: Westboro is a great place to live and we, the residents, should have a say in how it develops and changes.
In 2006 a few of us decided that we needed to revisit the idea of a community association. We ratified our constitution at our AGM in September 2007 and we’ve been growing steadily ever since.
The purpose of our community association is to positively and actively influence the development of the Westboro community for the well-being of its residents, property owners, business improvement association (BIA) visitors and people who work here, all who share in life of our community.
We hope to do this by focusing on the following objectives:
- Seeking input from residents, property owners and the BIA, visitors and people work here in diverse areas of Westboro regarding the interests of the community.
- Fostering a strong community in Westboro.
- Interacting with various levels of government to promote the interests of the Westboro community including participating in community design and planning processes and fairly representing the Westboro Community during formal or informal consultations with interested parties.
- Collecting and dispersing information of importance to members of our community.
- Encouraging positive social, recreational, cultural, artistic and commercial activities in Westboro.
- Communicating and cooperating with other community groups in the surrounding area to the benefit of the Westboro community.
f you’d like to look at our Constitution (updated December 2012), it’s available as an MS-Word file here.
Our 2020/2021 board members are:
- Rocco Caminiti (Recording Secretary)
- Vacant (Treasurer)
- Jean McKibbon
- Heather Mitchell (Chair)
- Sue Morris
- Fiona Morrow
- Stephen Sandiford (Vice Chair)
- Len Tucker