For over 30 years, Daybreak Housing has provided housing to single adults in need of a caring, community-based environment that fosters personal growth and independence. Daybreak is seeking new Board members to help residents rebuild their lives in a supportive community where they find the strength to hope for a better future.
Board Directors carry out the following duties:
- Attend a minimum of five meetings of the Board of Directors each calendar year, and the Annual General Meeting
- Serve on at least one standing committee
- Contribute to the development of Daybreak’s overall direction that ensures it continues as a supportive housing provider has a positive impact on addressing homelessness in Ottawa
- Participate in overseeing the annual review and implementation of strategic objectives
- Participate in the annual review and approval of policies, annual budget and reporting
Directors serve for a three-year term. They should plan for one or two, 2-to-3-hour meetings per month (including committee meetings). Meetings may be in person or via teleconference. At this time, due to Covid-19 restrictions, all meetings are being held virtually. In addition to meetings, our Directors are encouraged to attend community outreach and engagement activities, and events with our residents.
- A strong commitment to reducing homelessness in Ottawa
- A background in one or more of the following: finance and accounting, fundraising, business, the housing sector
- Board experience as a Director on a not-for-profit board would be an asset
Preference will be given to applicants residing in the National Capital Region (Ottawa-Gatineau)
Daybreak recognizes the value that diversity brings to our Board and the workplace. We welcome applicants of diverse backgrounds including gender, race, ethnic origin, gender identity, sexual orientation and those with disabilities and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values of inclusion.
To apply, please send a CV and a description, not exceeding 250 words, on how you can contribute to the Board of Daybreak Non-Profit Housing. See www.Daybreakhousing.org for more information.
Application deadline: May 1, 2021 (the deadline may be extended)
Email applications to: DaybreakApplications@gmail.com