This just in yesterday from the City:
In the west, utility relocation activities are underway in preparation for the commencement of cut and cover tunnel construction later this year, preparation for a new road bridge at Iris is underway, and work at Lincoln Fields is in full swing.
Tree trimming and minor brush removal will take place in Connaught Park to accommodate a future multi-use pathway.
Byron and Richmond Corridor (Byron Linear Park)
- Hydro Ottawa duct bank excavations have started on the north side of Richmond Road between Woodroffe Avenue and Cleary Avenue.
- Sidewalk construction is underway on the south side of Byron Avenue.
- Sidewalk construction will begin on Richmond Road between McEwen Avenue and Redwood Avenue.
- Hydro relocation work has also started on Richmond Road near McEwen Park and is progressing east.
Rochester Field Laydown Site
- This site will be used for the coordination of equipment, crews, and materials that will support Parkway Tunnel construction.
- Construction site setup has started with the building of an access road and fence installation.
SJAM Parkway Dominion to Cleary
- Excavation, granular, paving and drainage work ongoing.
- The pathway on the south side of the SJAM has been closed with a detour in place.
- Lane closures will be needed at the SJAM at Carling Avenue, by Lincoln Fields in order to relocate utilities.